Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Detail Cleaning Engine Bay

xxericxx95

Hi all, any ideas on how to detail clean the engine bay of a Ford Fiesta Flame and what cleaning chemicals to use?

Things needed;

Plastic bags

detailing brushes

Degreaser

All purpose cleaner

Optional; snowfoam

First of all Put plastic bags over;

Alternator

battery terminals

Fuse box/relays

Airbox intake

Coil pack

Any exposed electrical connectors or connections.

Next;

Spray a generous amount of All purpose cleaner all over the engine bay and leave to soak. Once its soaked in and began breaking down the dirt, spray again & then aggitate with the detailing brush.

Once you've lifted all of the dirt, Spray a generous amount of Degreaser all over the engine bay & underside of the bonnet.

Leave to soak in, then spray again and aggitate with a detailing brush.

Now all the dirt is lifted from the surfaces, wash it away by spraying with a hose pipe. don't use a pressure washer when you're still starting out.

Now the engine bay is clean, Dry it with a drying towel.

Dress the trim with a trim dressing.

Product recommendations;

All purpose cleaner - Inspired automotive Wide Stance.

Purchase some Spray bottles with adjustable spray pattern (look at Gtechniq bottles for example)

Don't bother paying Autoglym's prices. I never thought I'd say this, Got to the local garage or supermarket and purchase some Carplan Degreaser.

Cheaper and in my opinion Much more effective. I use it day in day out alongside some of the most advanced products on the market

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

You could use a paintbrush, although, a detailing brush will set you back £2 maximum on eBay

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Closer to the nearside, with the 4 HT leads going into it

Could you tell me where most of all these are located within the engine bay?

If you remind me on Monday I'll take a picture and label it :)

Haven't collected my car from paint yet :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club