Do Not Sell My Personal Information

brake shoe adjusters

petrov

morning all , 2011 focus , was cleaning rear shoes as handbrake wasnt holding , the nearside adjuster cog is facing to the rear and the offside cog is facing front , can anyone tell me what the correct orientation should be as im assuming both should face the same direction or does it not matter , thanks guys

24 minutes ago, petrov said:

morning all , 2011 focus , was cleaning rear shoes as handbrake wasnt holding , the nearside adjuster cog is facing to the rear and the offside cog is facing front , can anyone tell me what the correct orientation should be as im assuming both should face the same direction or does it not matter , thanks guys

A couple of photos might be a good idea, but, yes both adjusters should normally be mirror images of each other.

thanks Alan , appreciate that , i really dont want to take drums off again until i replace the shoes next week , cheers buddy

Is this diagram any use to you:

3cd9bb2ce6437195e392dc68c9124f2a.jpg

much obliged Alan , i should be able to figure it out from that , thanks

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club