Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer problems.

HomerJay

Hello. 

Today's problem with the 2008 1.8tdci Mondeo involves the windscreen washers. 

They have been dribbling screenwash out intermitantly for a while before they gave up this week. I've pulled the jets and no blockages there so off came the undertray and pulled the pump off. Behind it is the little rubber screen and behind that was the mother load of black crud that smelled awful. Cleaned the screen and shoved the hose down the filler pipe to flush it out. 

From there, and with the frint rubber hose still disconnected at both ends, I tried to push some fluid through using a large syringe but it was as if the hose was blocked. I can push fluid through the rear hose, but not the front. 

Time to bring out the big guns and the air compressor which I blew through from the windscreen end. There was some resistance but after a few seconds it cleared. Or so I thought.

Connected everything up and there is still nothing coming out of the jets but there is fliud running back down the pipe towards the reservoir.

So my question is... is the pipe blocked so badly that I have split the hose, or is there an in line one way valve in the hose and by blowing it through in the reverse direction have I popped the hose off somewhere that I can't see?

Thanks

6 minutes ago, HomerJay said:

, or is there an in line one way valve in the hose

Yes there is usually an inline one-way valve

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. I'll have another poke around tomorrow and see if I can find it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club