Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus MK 2.5 head unit issue

JohnStokes
聽Share

Hi all

My mk 2.5 2010 Focus stereo, (its the聽Ford/Blaupunkt Travelpilot FX one) seems to have developed an issue, every other month or so, usually on Mondays, I'll get into my car and the centre console screen wont turn on at all. Sometimes it seems to fix itself such as when I drive to work, and at the end of the day come back to it and it seems to spring to life. Yet other times I have to pull out fuse 112 and re-insert said fuse, not replace it and it comes on again and asks for my anti theft pin.

Anyone have any ideas at all?

Attached an image of said problem stereo 馃槄

460225109_3322989341330409_7275783079991459281_n.jpg

At 15 years old it could be an individual component on one of the boards inside the unit failing.

Identifying which one would be the difficult part.

The whole sat nav unit itself?

I planned to upgrade it before I bought the car but found it unnecessary at it had satnav and radio which is all I wanted at the time, but if the unit is dying then might be worth upgrading

Sorry if my post wasn't clear. I meant one of the boards inside the unit.

I am told that capacitors in particular have a limited life and can cause strange symptoms when failing.

They can still look fine from the outside as the internals break down.

There are a few of the same units on eBay such as this one for 拢65. They are easy to swap out. However they will all be a similar age now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/196660687244

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club