Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Supercharger Boost Sensor issue

ltd1991

Car is a Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.4. 2011.

I'm putting that as the title because that's what has shown up on the code reader.

I've had issues with my Fiesta now since March, it's been in the garage several times and they can't find anything wrong with it. Mainly because it has issues and then it gets to the garage and it magically seems fine!

Symptoms are overheating, a ticking sound in the engine, loss of power and white smoke from the exhaust. This can happen and then the car can be absolutely fine even for a few days and then it just happens again out of nowhere. It's been in the garage 4 times.

I'm thinking of getting a new car but would have to sell this first and can't sell it in this condition, plus it has to be used in the meantime.

Any idea what it might be? I've took the MAP sensor off and cleaned it but doesn't seem to have worked, oil is fine....coolant is fine etc.

Cleaning MAP sensors is usually a waste of time.  They need to be replaced if they're faulty.

Is this a 1.4 TDCI?  No mention of fuel type usually means petrol but no turbo boost on the petrol 1.4.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club