Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK4 Focus Auto 2019

Automaticsford

I've got a Ford Focus Ecoblue 2.0 diesel 2019 MK4, Prior to June the car was working absolutely fine no issues after coming back from holiday now the car doesn't start and battery is drained, replaced the battery and now the car has various error faults, cleared them all down and have a few low voltage ones and some U codes with loss communications and the car is stuck in 'P'.

U0101: Lost Communication with TCM

U0100: Invalid Data Recieved from ECM / Power control module A

Where is best to start with this, shall i check all fuses and passenger footwell BCM or pull the wiring diagrams, I havnt got enough money to take it to an Auto-Electrician and want to resolve my self, please any advice would be useful.

Get yourself a basic multimeter from amazon and check fuses next to battery in the engine bay and beneath passenger footwell there is a few few fuses there as a starter mate

3 hours ago, Automaticsford said:

cleared them all down and have a few low voltage ones and some U codes with loss communications and the car is stuck in 'P'.

In almost all cases like this you just need to disconnect the negative battery terminal for at least 20 minutes. Then reconnect and wait for 5 minutes before turning the ignition on.

Also you need to check that your new battery is fully charged. Did you reset the BMS after replacing the battery ?

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, unofix said:

In almost all cases like this you just need to disconnect the negative battery terminal for at least 20 minutes. Then reconnect and wait for 5 minutes before turning the ignition on.

Also you need to check that your new battery is fully charged. Did you reset the BMS after replacing the battery ?

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

No, I can do that too, then depending on codes what do i strip next the terminals around the TCM, i think these are in the drivers headlight.

Hi - I have now, changed battery and reset  the BMS , The car is on and the IPC is also on. Also when you disconnect the negative the car does actually start but then then doesn't come back on main fault is 'Transmission not in Park' even thought its in P and flashing it thinks its not as i believe there is no communication from the TCM. Below are the codes I am getting, mainly lost communication ones.

Should I check the fuse for the TCM first and chase the wiring for the TCM? Does anyone have any useful wire diagrams or where is best place to start for this. 

===PCM DTC P0722:00-27===
Code: P0722 - Output Shaft Speed Sensor Circuit No Signal

===PCM DTC U1013:87-27===
Code: U1013 - Invalid Internal Control Module Monitoring Data Received from TCM

===PCM DTC P0113:00-27===
Code: P0113 - Intake Air Temperature Sensor 1 Circuit High (Bank 1)

===PCM DTC U0101:00-27===
Code: U0101 - Lost Communication with TCM

===PCM DTC U101A:00-27===
Code: U101A - Lost Communication With TCM - Multiple Bus

===OBDII DTC U0101-P===

===ABS DTC U0101:00-2F===

===GSM DTC U0100:00-AF===
Code: U0100 - Lost Communication With ECM/PCM A

===GSM DTC U0301:00-AF===
Code: U0301 - Software Incompatibility with ECM/PCM

===GSM DTC U0100:87-AF===

===IPC DTC U0100:00-8A===

===IPC DTC U0146:00-0A===
Code: U0146 - Lost Communication With Serial Data Gateway 'A'

Start at the TCM connector(s) on the gearbox. Unplug them and remove the plastic back Shell. Check for corroded and/or broken wires in the back of the connector.

great will do as it shows no response from TCM.

• Like 1

Ok, I have check the connector to the TCM, and the tcm ... the pins look fine I've taken the plastic cover off and tested the pins and various pins/wires have 12 V. So really not sure where to go from here or I'm not testing it right.

I've also plugged it into another TCM i have and still no communication.

So conclusion, is there is no response for the TCM and no TCM on the tree.

Where would I go from here.

20240916_182933.jpg

20240916_182339.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club