Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Leak from Above Radiator onto Fan

SierraFoxtrot83

Hi All,

Just joined this forum.

I have a Fiesta Zetec S Mk7.5 2013 plate on 121,000 miles. I have just had the gearbox refurbished as the clutch was going and 1st/2nd gear was impossible to get into sometimes.

I thought my problems were over but have noticed an oily substance leaking from a small pipe above the radiator at the front onto the fan, I have been told this is a gearbox oil breather pipe? How serious is this, can it be fixed or needs urgent attention? It causes a slight white whispy smoke as the oil I think drips onto something hot.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks

Simon

Sounds like the gearbox oil may have been overfilled.  There shouldn't be liquid oil right up there.

20 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Sounds like the gearbox oil may have been overfilled.  There shouldn't be liquid oil right up there.

Thanks Tom, I am taking it back to where they refurbished the gearbox to look at under warranty.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club