Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise from the right

fiestalux

About four months ago I got the timing belt, breaks and some suspension parts replaced in my Fiesta (Ecoboost 2014). However, since then and more so recently I have noticed a moderate sort of rubbing noise coming from the front right of the car (I am in the EU if that makes any difference). It is noticeable at speeds above 70kph. It is not loud but just present and sounds like something rubbing. As I am not mechanic, does anyone have an idea as to what could be causing this or is it normal in older Fiestas?

Noise from the right

Glancing at this I thought it was an errant political thread - just me, right? 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, StephenFord said:

Noise from the right

Glancing at this I thought it was an errant political thread - just me, right? 🤣

Not just you 😅

• Like 3

On 9/2/2024 at 11:56 PM, wordchild said:

Not just you 😅

My car is politically neutral, indeed it would for a centre-right coalition if it were based on country of residence. However, it would still be be quite a woke car given the Govt here.

However, on a more serious note, any ideas what may be causing it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you are not a mechanic, nor know anyone who can help, take it back to whomsoever did the work, get them to put it up on ramps, and inspect the area where the noise is coming from.

• Like 2

It could be as simple as the dust shield rubbing on the disc.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone, it has gone back to the Ford agent here. I hope it is not anything serious, as I don't fancy spending yet more on it. 

I just got the car back, there was no fault apparently but the noise is still there. It is apprently coming from the turbo unit, and is still within its normal operating noise. I am not totally convinced. Also I asked how much that costs to repair, €2,000! 

• Thanks 1

I am curious to know, would anyone here wait for the turbo to fail or would you fix it now? Not being a car expert, one has no idea really.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club