Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Fiesta fan problems

Diana2830

Hi everyone, I'm new to all this but I seem to be having trouble with the fan (located in the engine bay) of my fiesta, any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.

The problem is that the fan always runs at top speed when I start the car up until I turn the engine off... I have replaced the fuse and the fast fan relay and neither has fixed the problem.

Thank you in advance for any replys 

Does the temperature gauge work correctly on the dash?

Have you got the air conditioning switched on?

The temp gauge works as it should and no a/c on 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Diana2830 said:

The temp gauge works as it should and no a/c on 

Ok, in that case I think it'll probably be a fault with the fan module (if fitted) or a wire shorted out.

• Like 1

Thank you, Is there anyway I can check before taking it to a garage please? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Diana2830 said:

Thank you, Is there anyway I can check before taking it to a garage please? 

After further thought, I don't think there will be a fan module on that car.  Just a basic resistor at the bottom corner of the cowling.

You can unplug both plugs to see if they are damp or corroded inside.  One directly on the fan motor.  And the other on the resistor just outside of the fan itself.  The plugs may have a small tab or button that needs to be pushed or pulled to release them.

• Thanks 1

Great thank you so much for your help, I will check that and report back, really appreciate your replies 

One quick question what is the cowling please? 

6 minutes ago, Diana2830 said:

One quick question what is the cowling please? 

The cowling is just the large rectangular plastic sheet that the fan is mounted on.

This is one from a 1.0 EcoBoost, showing the resistor plug on the bottom left hand corner and fan plug right in the middle.

FORD FIESTA MK7 MK7.5 1.0 ECOBOOST RADIATOR & COOLING FAN RAD PACK C1B1-8C607-AF - Picture 1 of 22

And this is one from a diesel, showing the square fan module bottom centre instead of the basic resistor shown above.

FORD FIESTA MK7.5 1.5 DIESEL COOLING FAN SHROUD ASSEMBLY WITH MOTOR 2016 - Picture 10 of 17

• Thanks 1

Awesome, thank you I will get that looked at 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm back, so we have changed the resistor and the heater blower resistor and nothing has changed its still going at top speed everythime the engine is on, I'm thinking it definitely must be a wire problem as I think we are out of options unless anyone has any other ideas please 🙏 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club