Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KeyFree system fixed - BMS reset

Chris54321123456

I've just bought a 2018 Focus this week and one of the main reasons for buying this specific focus was for the keyfree system. Unfortunately the keyless lock did not work on the drivers side door. The passenger door would lock once touched then would proceed to unlock straight after. I would then lock the car with the fob. Problem with trying this was once I would then go back into the car, the keyless entry would work but the car alarm would go off and in the car it would display, no ford key found etc. After locking and unlocking with the fob it would register the key.

Anyway, reason for posting isn't to ask for help, it was to explain how I have fixed the issue if others found this happened to them. I did a basic BMS reset. 

-Ignition on
-Sidelights on
-Press rear fog light button 5 times (the bottom one of the two)
-Press hazard button 4 times
-Give it a 5 seconds and the battery light on the dash should flash a 3/4 times

The front heated screen hasn't been working either, so I am hoping this may have also fixed this, but not yet tested.

Fully aware this may not work for everyone, but I thought it would be worth letting people know, so they can give it a try.

3 minutes ago, Chris54321123456 said:

Fully aware this may not work for everyone,

Your problems are likely to return in a few weeks. Your car battery State Of Charge is low. If you still have the original factory fitted battery it will be due for replacement on a 2018 model.

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

23 minutes ago, unofix said:

Your problems are likely to return in a few weeks. Your car battery State Of Charge is low. If you still have the original factory fitted battery it will be due for replacement on a 2018 model.

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

Good to know, thanks!

All you've done is fool the car in to thinking it has a new battery.

That's all the BMS reset should ever be used for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chris54321123456 said:

I've just bought a 2018 Focus this week and one of the main reasons for buying this specific focus was for the keyfree system.

Just shows there's a car for all of us LOL 'Keyless' would be the very reason I wouldn't buy a car!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

'Keyless' would be the very reason I wouldn't buy a car!

After finding the system a complete PITA in a previous car, I was relieved to find the version in the Mk 8.5 Fiesta can be disabled.😀

My first encounter with it was when a friend had it in his car. He is of the type who always goes back to check he's locked things, so of course, when he did that the car unlocked itself again. It drove him nuts. He ended up walking away from the car, putting the key down somewhere then walking back to check it was locked.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club