Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking sensors not working

Fordy8888

Hi all the parking sensors on my S-Max 2L TDCI 57 plate MK1 have never worked since I’ve had it, I’ve tried to read the distance of the sensors on Forscan but I can’t even find the module anywhere on it in the PID’s I’ve check the module box itself for any damage inside and out and it seems okay also I have checked the voltage but I’m unsure what it’s meant to be but it’s ready -2.4V when the red is on one of the pins and the black is on the earth cable but when switch I get a positive reading of 2.4V also the switch on the dashboard doesn’t light up or flash or when put into reverse it still doesn’t do nothing any help is much appreciated 👍

With ign on check pin 1 blue wire for 12v  connector a. 

Screenshot_20240618-233005.png

1 hour ago, iantt said:

With ign on check pin 1 blue wire for 12v  connector a. 

Screenshot_20240618-233005.png

No problem thanks will try that in the morning also do you know where the power harness is plugged into(where the power comes from side not the module)

Rear fusebox. Fuse fb08 5 amp , also check fuse fa 07

Screenshot_20240619-071159.png

There doesn’t seem to be any fuses at all in the FB side but the FA07 is okay IMG_3189.thumb.jpeg.bf0e5cefa96522abf090f2b73ee7ff8b.jpeg

I'm now thinking you may have aftermarket sensors? Post a photo of the module and switch on dash. 

The switch stickers only come off because I used a airline to blow everything out and got too close 🤣 IMG_3194.thumb.jpeg.b47cdfe3b230a2b7be0fb3037056c068.jpeg

IMG_3192.jpeg

Ok, all the wiring diagrams and owners manual don't match up to fuse box you have with lack of fuses. Will see what else I can find out. 

• Like 1

Ahh I thought I was missing loads of fuses on the top and right side as it just seems to be empty

That does seem such a waste of a fusebox! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

That does seem such a waste of a fusebox! :laugh: 

😅ikr I’m not sure if someone’s took them all out before selling it or not 😂

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Fordy8888 said:

😅ikr I’m not sure if someone’s took them all out before selling it or not 😂

Tbf most of them are for optional extras like keyless entry, electric seats, heated seats, rear climate control, adjustable suspension, CD changer etc which your car may not have?

But oddly there is a fuse in FA10 which should be unused according to the diagram.  And as it's 30amp that has to be for a large motor, something like electric parking brake or electric seat adjustment.

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbf most of them are for optional extras like keyless entry, electric seats, heated seats, rear climate control, adjustable suspension, CD changer etc which your car may not have?

But oddly there is a fuse in FA10 which should be unused according to the diagram.  And as it's 30amp that has to be for a large motor, something like electric parking brake or electric seat adjustment.

It does have electric seat height adjustment but everything else on the seat is manual and just has the usual manual handbrake 

Put a fuse in fb8 and see if anything happens. Probably a fault making the sounder go off every time you go in reverse. That maybe why someone's pulled the fuse. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, iantt said:

Put a fuse in fb8 and see if anything happens. Probably a fault making the sounder go off every time you go in reverse. That maybe why someone's pulled the fuse. 

Do you know what Amp it will be? 

Tried to see if PIN 1 had power and there’s nothing at all 

3 hours ago, Fordy8888 said:

Do you know what Amp it will be? 

5amp

You are missing a 5 Amp fuse from position F7

All other fuse locations are unused and do not have contacts fitted to both ends of the fuse.

Fuse 7.JPG

1 hour ago, unofix said:

You are missing a 5 Amp fuse from position F7

All other fuse locations are unused and do not have contacts fitted to both ends of the fuse.

Fuse 7.JPG

Is that FC7?

fb7.thumb.JPG.29f13b0bc341dc67308d2cb5b72175a7.JPG

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, unofix said:

Ahh no problem thanks will try tomorrow and let you know 

17 hours ago, unofix said:

I did try that but nothing, do I need a fuse in all 3 locations mentioned above? 
IMG_3226.thumb.jpeg.05d9ca9927b202669cc9a4b2079f3447.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club