Do Not Sell My Personal Information

snapped timing belt mk3 1.6 tdci 115bhp

slimsimmons1984

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

I made a guide for the older 16v model a few years ago.  The second cam on those was driven by a chain so the belt change is basically the same on both engines.  

Basic Cambelt Change Guide - Mk2.5 Focus 1.6 TDCi - Ford Focus Club - Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums

awsome thanks

If found a dv6c engine local, anyone know if there would be an issue with transfering all of my ancillary over? Screenshot_20220413-000602_eBay.thumb.jpg.4ff238b9aafd3243a03802d89ef6cc0d.jpg

Screenshot_20220413-000556_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20220413-000552_eBay.jpg

£700 for a 95k DV6 that doesn't even come with the turbo! 😮 

I'd be asking them if they have service history for it as they're breaking the whole car...ideally with a recent belt change.  (And even then, my offer would start with a 5...)

All looks fine on pics, nothing appears cut or damaged that shouldn't be.  So you should just be able to swap your ancillaries on.  But I don't take any responsibility if that's not the case! :unsure: 

Good luck finding one for less, and finding one that hasnt been stripped bare

There are a few about with less milage but the pumps have been removed and can't see the engine being turned before I buy

3 minutes ago, slimsimmons1984 said:

Good luck finding one for less, and finding one that hasnt been stripped bare

There are a few about with less milage but the pumps have been removed and can't see the engine being turned before I buy

Yeah, prices are mad nowadays.  I scrapped several 2.0 HDi engines when I was breaking cars as they weren't even worth the shipping costs to deliver.

I can see a few on eBay with lower mileage which would be my preference in all honesty.  (Extra £100 for half as many miles seems like better value.)  Though if you're able to collect that one and save £50 in shipping, I can definitely see the benefit in that.

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yeah, prices are mad nowadays.  I scrapped several 2.0 HDi engines when I was breaking cars as they weren't even worth the shipping costs to deliver.

I can see a few on ebay with lower mileage which would be my preference in all honesty.  (Extra £100 for half as many miles seems like better value.)  Though if you're able to collect that one and save £50 in shipping, I can definitely see the benefit in that.

I'm going to give them a call this morning and see what can be done price wise. Main thing is I can call and turn it by hand.  Its crazy if you search t1db some are double that aswell. 

• Like 1

A lot of the eBay sellers are not very forthcoming with the reg either to check milages

Just now, slimsimmons1984 said:

A lot of the ebay sellers are not very forthcoming with the reg either to check milages

That's a bit annoying.  Though I guess it may be a data protection thing.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club