Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB Radio "No Stations Found" - for info.

RMurphy195

Some info in case you have this problem (which has cropped up on the Kuga forum.)

Car is a 2020 (build date 11/2020) MK4 Focus, bought used from a main dealer Oct last year, thier Worcester branch.

On collection the DAB radio gave the "No Stations Found" message, we (me and the salesman) assumed the signal was being blocked by the steel building behind us, but was told that if I had futher probs to take it to my local branch, and mention his name and they would sort it. So far so good.

Problem was still there at home, and in various locations around the country so in it went to the Kings Norton branch who couldn't fix it.

After my complaint it went back in, and they did a software update and fixed it.

In between times I'd done the Sync3 updates, and tried the master reset etc. all to no avail.

They did ask on the second visit if the extra wires to the battery were part of a dashcam system - they aren't, they are for the towing electrics that were installed the week before it went in for the second time.

Not sure what would have happened if the car was 3 1/2 years old instead of 1 year though ...

• 2 years later...

I bought my 2018  in 2020 the new shape Ford focus st line 1000cc iv just had to renew the battery the trouble I can't get the radio to work because I need the code I phone up fords and they say I have to take the car in so they can take the radio out to check the serial number to get the code and this will cost me £40 I paid a lot of money for this car and I don't think this is right 

14 minutes ago, Michael gwynne said:

I don't think this is right 

Neither do I, your 2018 radio doesn't have a code...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Michael gwynne said:

I have to take the car in so they can take the radio out to check the serial number to get the code and this will cost me £40

As Stephen has said, I confirm that there is no code of any kind required for a 2018 radio.

• Thanks 1

Whilst it's true that a code is no longer required to be entered by the user I was under the impression that radios were now coded to the car, i.e. the car interrogates the radio for it's code.

18 minutes ago, mjt said:

Whilst it's true that a code is no longer required to be entered by the user I was under the impression that radios were now coded to the car, i.e. the car interrogates the radio for it's code.

Even if that was the case, surely unless the OP had changed the radio as well as the battery, that wouldn't be an issue?

I wasn't suggesting that was an issue in this case, merely that the broad statements that 'no code of any kind is required' and 'your 2018 radio doesn't have a code' may not be strictly true.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I repeat the radio does not have a code.

Yes it has a VIN identifyer but that is not a code. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/12/2022 at 4:24 PM, RMurphy195 said:

Some info in case you have this problem (which has cropped up on the Kuga forum.)

Car is a 2020 (build date 11/2020) MK4 Focus, bought used from a main dealer Oct last year, thier Worcester branch.

On collection the DAB radio gave the "No Stations Found" message, we (me and the salesman) assumed the signal was being blocked by the steel building behind us, but was told that if I had futher probs to take it to my local branch, and mention his name and they would sort it. So far so good.

Problem was still there at home, and in various locations around the country so in it went to the Kings Norton branch who couldn't fix it.

After my complaint it went back in, and they did a software update and fixed it.

In between times I'd done the Sync3 updates, and tried the master reset etc. all to no avail.

They did ask on the second visit if the extra wires to the battery were part of a dashcam system - they aren't, they are for the towing electrics that were installed the week before it went in for the second time.

Not sure what would have happened if the car was 3 1/2 years old instead of 1 year though ...

Ironically, the car just reached 3 1/2 years old a few weeks back - and was written off by a truck! So now we know what did happen ... Crumple zones do they're job, but are too expensive to fix (presumably when you also have a destroyed tailgate and a few other bits and dabs!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club