Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta mk8 / Grinding, clicking noise when turning at low speeds

DvxPT

Hello,

I have recently purchased a 2018 mk8 Ford Fiesta, that is having a really irritating clicking noise near the right front wheel (passenger seat).

When quickly turning the car, it seems like there's something loose near the door panel and/or the black panel near the car floor and it starts to bump on something.. When i go on roundabouts, that side starts to grind for some seconds, instead of clicking. I don't feel nothing in the steering wheel so it maybe isn't the infamous steering rack problem.

The car is in the dealer, they changed the front shock absorbers (they thought the problem was because of them) but the noise is still there.  

Does anyone have a clue about what may be the problem?

Best Regards.

In my experience clicking whilst driving round corners normally meant a worn out constant velocity joint with excessive play and possibly lack of grease in it. I wouldn’t have thought there would usually be a problem with that on a car of that age though

And the car has only 18600 miles (30000km) in it. Makes me wonder if the car was previously damaged, but i haven't noticed no new solder points in the car. The dealer says it was a service car.

I still think that there's a cable or something plastic between the pillars or even the door panel that is loose and makes the clicking sound, but it doesn't make sense for the grinding noise. (Similar to the classic grinding wooden door sound in horror movies).

The clicking sound is always present when I'm in 1st or 2nd gear for example (low speed), and quickly turn the steering wheel left and right, with close turning movement, but always in the front bottom/side right passenger's side.

Still no news about the car. 

I have also seen that the problem could be in the top strut mounts, that can loosen and if not properly tight, could be the origin of the creaking noise. And the noise apparently is located in the area of that suspension mount. 

I have also seen a video of an audi that has the same noise (except for making it in a straight road) and the problem was in the front right rearward lower control arm.

Does anyone have info about this happening on mk8 Fiestas?

• 2 years later...

On 9/5/2023 at 6:52 AM, xmad said:

Hi,

Did you find this issue? 

Nope. Still have it. Just going to live with it. But I went to another mechanic that suspected that could be the front suspension that might have some play to it. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club