Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust Filter at limit.....

CAMERON250310

Focus ST Line 68 Reg. Keep getting message Exhaust Filter at limit drive to clear. Comes up every couple of days. At moment I only do short distances, up till now going for a longer run has made no difference. Just been told by Ford Dealer I should drive for 20-30 minutes at 50mph in 3rd gear to clear it. Asked if this is a design fault, told to contact Ford UK. Anyone else have this problem?

There is a system update that your local dealer should be able to action. 

50 minutes ago, Andyr55 said:

There is a system update that your local dealer should be able to action. 

Can I ask where you got this information. Ford UK never mentioned it and Arnold Clarke said there was no problem, just go for a drive as mentioned in original post. Thanks.

Hi, mine focus is 68 plate and I had the same problems. There was s system update provided by Ford.

I am unable to provide more, but I know my car went in to dealer and the problems was resolved.

Have you checked ford ETIS with your VIN to see if anything is mentioned?

I have trawled through the extensive message on this issue and found the message I got from my dealer!

4B872D8A-E2F4-406D-897F-34D7BEF5A2A3.jpeg

Just been told by Ford Dealer I should drive for 20-30 minutes at 50mph in 3rd gear to clear it.

and that doesn't help when dealers don't understand how GPF's passively regenerate in petrol vehicles! Both DPFs and GPFs only regenerate at high temperatures and when oxygen levels are high. On diesels O2 levels are high most of the time , so all you need to do is drive at higher rpm than normal to raise the exhaust temp. On a petrol car the O2 levels are only high when the engine is running lean i.e low throttle. So the best way to get it to regenerate is to get the engine nice and warm, find a long downhill and drive down it with the throttle closed. Alternatively periods of low throttle acceleration and then deceleration should work.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club