Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Titanium X not starting

Chelle08

Hi everyone, hoping someone potentially has any easy advice for this.

I have a 2015 plate diesel Titanium X and all of a sudden when I went to start my car it wouldn't turn on. All the dashboard lights, headlight, radio etc were flashing when I pushed the clutch in and pressed the start button, with a ticking noise, but car wouldn't start. Gave it a jump start and it seemed to work ok. Driving home next day and battery light came on then a couple of minutes later all lights flashing again and car jumps down the road for a couple of minutes and then stops.

Managed to get home after another jump start and replaced battery with a new one yesterday as this was everyone's initial thought that the battery was flat (I only drive a couple of miles a day to work/school pick up and use heated seats, automatic lights etc all the time and apparently battery doesn't have time to recharge in such a short distance)

Today after driving around same thing happened again, battery light came on and then ABS light and shortly after, radio and all lights went off and car starts juddering up the road. Power steering goes and I manage to pull over to the side of the road. By this point I couldn't even put my hazard lights on as nothing would work, but the car never actually stopped until I pulled over and put handbrake on. After a couple of minute the radio and dashboard lights all came back on and I could put my hazards on.

Luckily I was only 2 mins down the road from home and got it back in my drive after another jump start, but car did exact same thing as I was pulling in.

Sorry for the very long post but as I won't be able to get to a garage until they open again on Monday I was wondering if anyone has any idea what could be causing this. Other than the battery that has been replaced, I have no idea about all the other little bits!

Many thanks in advance for any advice!

Just for clarity, here's what's happening when I try and start my car. Any help would be much appreciated.

The charging rate needs checking from the alternator. The new battery was sufficiently charged for you to carry on using it yesterday without the alternator recharging the battery

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club