Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus ST 2005 - Radio Replacement (6000CD)

TerraTushi

Hi,

I'm wanting to replace the 6000CD style radio in my 2005 Focus ST. I'll probably get a shop to fit the radio but I wondered what style of radio should would be compatible? I've read there are generally two sizes, 1 DIN and 2 DIN, but I'm not entirely sure which style/size I should be looking for in terms of a new radio.

I've attached a photo of the existing 6000CD radio.

In terms of a replacement all I'm wanting is something that will play music from my phone, so probably a bluetooth compatible radio. Any advice on sizes/styles/options and if I'd require any fascias etc would be great.

Thanks

IMG_20191029_072655.jpg

you will need a 2 DIN,size☺️

Thanks 😄 ... would I also need any kind of facias to make it fit properly, or would that depend on which model of radio I went for?

• Like 1

you will need to talk to the supplier but most would need a  facias

a single din would fit with a facias

IMG_20141016_200047_zpsbb1snprl_edit_1551695203276_zpsbdfbjtxb.jpg

Cant beat the old Nokia from the bits&Bob's drawer of your house, 

Ticks all the boxes; Audio equaliser, music streaming, bluetooth, colour screen, has a camera, 

Worked well when my original headunit sold before I had the funds gathered to purchase the replacement pioneer headunit I wanted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TerraTushi said:

Hi,

I'm wanting to replace the 6000CD style radio in my 2005 Focus ST. I'll probably get a shop to fit the radio but I wondered what style of radio should would be compatible? I've read there are generally two sizes, 1 DIN and 2 DIN, but I'm not entirely sure which style/size I should be looking for in terms of a new radio.

I've attached a photo of the existing 6000CD radio.

In terms of a replacement all I'm wanting is something that will play music from my phone, so probably a Bluetooth compatible radio. Any advice on sizes/styles/options and if I'd require any fascias etc would be great.

Thanks

IMG_20191029_072655.jpg

Is that your existing headunit?  

2005 was the year ford gave birth to the mk2 focus which I have a full guide on changing to aftermarket including 10" rear HD screen and amps but that looks like a mk1 to me, 

Your in for a euphoric experience if your upgrading that to a modern day double din you might have to pull over every 15 minutes to gaze at the plethora of new found options, brace yourself for the transformation, 

I recommend a pioneer double din and an aftermarket headunit kit from connects2, you may also consider a reverse camera from connects2 which is almost a plug and play item, very little wiring required. 

In the event you do have a mk2 heres my guides;

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lenny said:

IMG_20141016_200047_zpsbb1snprl_edit_1551695203276_zpsbdfbjtxb.jpg

Cant beat the old Nokia from the bits&Bob's drawer of your house, 

Ticks all the boxes; Audio equaliser, music streaming, bluetooth, colour screen, has a camera, 

Worked well when my original headunit sold before I had the funds gathered to purchase the replacement pioneer headunit I wanted.

smart 😄

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dezwez said:

smart 😄

Laminating or coating the cardboard on both sides using selotape really increases the base response 😅 it really wasn't that bad atall worked well 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2019 at 3:03 PM, Lenny said:

Is that your existing headunit?  

2005 was the year ford gave birth to the mk2 focus which I have a full guide on changing to aftermarket including 10" rear HD screen and amps but that looks like a mk1 to me, 

Your in for a euphoric experience if your upgrading that to a modern day double din you might have to pull over every 15 minutes to gaze at the plethora of new found options, brace yourself for the transformation, 

I recommend a pioneer double din and an aftermarket headunit kit from connects2, you may also consider a reverse camera from connects2 which is almost a plug and play item, very little wiring required. 

In the event you do have a mk2 heres my guides;

You might be better of search on line fit yourself you will save more. By all means go into shop ask the questions you need to know then hit the net more choice! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club